About our Ed.D. program
At every level of the education system, today’s students need administrators and master educators who can create positive change and drive innovation. Brenau University’s three-year, online Ed.D. program equips you for thoughtful, forward-looking leadership.
- Core courses – Build on your experience with advanced content in curriculum development, cultural competence, legal and ethical issues and more.
- Six concentrations – Choose from specialized courses in Elementary Education, Special Education, Middle Grades Education, Higher Education: Leadership or Higher Education: Teaching and Learning.
- Research & dissertation – Build quantitative and qualitative research skills that can apply to education or many other fields. Produce scholarly content in your concentration area.
- Flexible format – Complete your degree in less than three years with convenient online study and two weekend residencies during the program.
- ABD Status Option – If you have earned “All But Dissertation” status, we can help you complete your dissertation and earn your doctorate.
“Brenau has helped me see the potential in myself and go beyond what I thought I was capable of. I feel very supported and encouraged in my academic endeavors.” -B. Norris, Class of 2024
Explore the Ed.D. core and concentrations
Doctoral core curriculum
Combining common courses that form the foundation of your leadership toolkit with research and dissertation advising, the doctoral core provides the basis for your future as a education leader.
Learn more about the goals and courses for this concentration, which focuses on the needs of the youngest learners and their educational environment.
This concentration prepares you to lead in schools and programs where students make the transition from childhood to adolescence.
Build administrative and leadership skills for the complex pedagogical, student services and organizational needs of 21st-century colleges and universities.
Advance your skills in higher education or professional-level instructional design and implementation for contemporary learners.
As a leader in special education, you can help drive that creativity and put your experience to the test as you work to bring out the best in your students.
Pursue or advance in a higher education teaching career while acknowledging disciplinary competence in an allied health field.
This option is a highly specialized program that allows students to build on their previous Ed.D. coursework to complete their doctoral studies with their choice of three concentrations.
Advance as an educator and prepare for leadership: earn your Ed.D. with Brenau University! Get in touch today to explore your options and start your journey.