Pathway to complete your doctorate
If you’ve achieved All But Dissertation (ABD) status, Brenau University offers you the support you need to complete your doctorate program. With all the time and energy you have put in to getting this far, why stop when you are so close?
Brenau offers a 27-credit, custom-designed program specifically created to help you earn your doctorate. In as few as two years of study, you can be ready to add “Ed.D.” to your list of accomplishments and advance your career.
Dissertation support from day one
Our ABD status option provides dissertation support from day one with immediate access to an academic advisor and faculty mentor who will guide you through the process as you complete productive research and writing for your dissertation.
Three concentration areas
Elementary Education – Take a deep look at elementary-specific trends and innovations related to educating young children. This concentration will train you to create quality learning environments for students.
Middle Grades Education – This concentration is designed to develop and enhance proficiency and professionalism among Middle Grade teachers. You will understand and implement specific teaching and learning trends for educating young adolescents.
Leadership in Higher Education – Prepare for leadership in higher education in the 21st century. This concentration provides you with the advanced knowledge and skills needed in today’s colleges and universities.
Potential career paths after graduation
Once you have completed your Ed.D. with one of our three concentrations, you may qualify for positions in:
- Public or private schools
- Local, state, or federal government education agencies
- Public or private research firms
- Education policy think-tanks and other education services firms
Courses: All But Dissertation (ABD) Status
- ED 795 Special Topics in Education—The course provides the student the opportunity to reengage with the problem-solving process and allows students to practice the research design process.
- ED 842 Serving Contemporary Students in an Inclusive HE Environment—In-depth look at the psycho-social development of today’s college student. This course is for the Leadership in Higher Education concentration and includes a practicum requirement.
- ED 865 Academic Program Assessment and Evaluation—The focus of this course is the theory and practice of how evaluation can effectively inform decision making and action within organizations.
- ED 870 Educational Issues and Policy—Addresses the application of communication and interpersonal skills to creative problem solving in a variety of school environments.
- ED 895 Special Topics in Education—This course takes the student through the theory, art, and science of the instructional design process and requires students to produce a complete course ready for a virtual environment. This course is for the Elementary Education and Middle Grades concentration.
- ED 932 Future Trends in Education—Examines a framework to address the emerging issues and trends which have the potential to significantly influence the future direction of education.
- ED 960 Dissertation Advisement 1: Literature Review—Emphasis is placed on contextualizing research topic through a complete analysis of the relevant literature.
- ED 965 Dissertation Advisement 2: The Proposal—Emphasis placed on writing the proposal and successfully defending the dissertation proposal as well as securing IRB approval.
- ED 970 Dissertation Advisement 3: Data Collection—Emphasis placed on students collecting data in accordance with approved research methodology.
- ED 975 Dissertation Advisement 4: Conclusion of Research—Emphasis placed on writing last two chapters of dissertation and successfully defending the research.
- ED 980 Dissertation Advisement 5: Dissertation Continuation (if applicable)—Students who need additional time to prepare their dissertation or submit corrections can enroll in a supervised continuation course.
Ready to finish your degree and help build a better future for education? Earn your Ed.D. with Brenau University! Get in touch today to start the conversation with us.