Requirements and how to apply
Qualifying for the online Ed.D.
The online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) at Brenau University is designed for mid-career educators and administrators with at least three years of relevant professional experience who also hold a master’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or an appropriately credentialed foreign institution.
If you choose either the Elementary Education (EE) or Middle Grades Education (MGE) concentration, your master’s degree must be in a related area, and you must hold a clear and renewable teaching license for your state.
All applicants to the online Ed.D. program must submit the following materials:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, demonstrating a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 in your master’s degree program;
- Evidence of a clear and renewable teaching license for your state or locality (subject to departmental approval) if you choose the EE or MGE concentrations;
- Three (3) letters of reference on official letterhead from a supervisor, professor, administrator, or other superior who can speak to your character, dedication to the profession and likelihood of success in an intensive graduate program;
- A resume or CV demonstrating at least three years of relevant experience in education;
- For non-US applicants who have not previously completed a degree within the U.S., we require official TOEFL test results (minimum score of 79) or IELTS results (minimum score of 6.5).
- A writing sample of 750-1,500 words based on a writing prompt provided by Brenau University College of Education. This writing sample will be evaluated by departmental staff.
In addition to providing the materials above, you must also attend an in-person interview or virtual interview and complete a criminal background check, if applicable.
Want to help build a better future for higher education? Earn your Ed.D. online with Brenau University! Get in touch today to start the conversation with us.